7 Ways to Increase Your Self-Esteem

esteem.jpgLast week, a couple of readers asked if I had any tips for increasing self-esteem. So that’s what we’re going to talk about today – how to raise your self-esteem.

Traditional advice includes positive affirmation, recognizing your strengths, and meditation – but my advice includes none of these.

Don’t get me wrong – I’m sure affirmations work wonderfully for some people, but they did not work for me because they seemed like a trick – a smoke screen covering the truth – to my highly analytical mind.

Whether affirmations work really isn’t the point – the point is that the advice I dispense on this site comes from my own experience. In other words, I have to write what I know.

And the truth is, I know what it’s like to suffer from low self-esteem, and I also know what it’s like to finally learn to believe in myself. So every bit of advice that I dispense here today has been battle tested in my own life.

There are no easy fixes here because raising your self-esteem requires hard work, introspection, and dedication.  So let’s get to work!

Discard Outdated and Unfair Childhood Evaluations

Many people who suffer from low self-esteem learned to think poorly of themselves during childhood, often because someone of significance disapproved of them: a parent, relative, or peer.

It really doesn’t matter who planted the seeds of your low self-esteem; if you’re still dragging the opinion of someone else around with you, it’s time to formulate your own opinions based upon your life as it exists today.

My own struggles with self-esteem can be traced back to specific incidents in my childhood, often involving the bullying and teasing of peers. Once I understood this, I started telling myself that the opinions of a bunch of grade-school kids formed more than 25 years ago were an awfully flimsy foundation upon which to base my current opinion of myself.

My perspective didn’t change overnight, but it did change.

Take Responsibility for Everything in Your Life

Find a mirror, look yourself in the eye, and say, “I am responsible for everything in my life. And only I have the power to make my life better.”

This is not an affirmation – it’s a reality check. And despite the fact that these words may seem self-defeating, I promise you they are the most liberating words I know.

How wonderful it is to know we have the power to take the reigns of our lives and assume responsibility for all our life circumstances.

Improve Your Trouble Areas

Do you have one or two areas that send you into spirals of despair? If so, fix those areas.

When I was younger, I had terrible people skills, which is one of the reasons my peers rejected me in grade school. But as I grew older, I recognized the importance of correcting the problem within me instead of waiting for the world to change. Today, I’m a skilled communicator, comfortable around people, with no self-esteem issues.

The moral here is simple: If you doubt your intelligence, accomplish something intellectual; if you doubt your social skills, accomplish something social; and if you doubt your physical abilities, accomplish something physical.

At first, it may feel like you’re wrestling a bear; and in a way, you are. A trouble area is a beast that delights in dragging you down into its cave to gnaw on your self-esteem. To defeat the beast, you’ll have to plow through some dark, unexplored parts of your psyche.

As you work through your problem areas, you will probably fail before you succeed, which brings us to my next bit of advice.

Embrace Failure

Failure is your friend! As long as your failures are moving you closer to your desired end-state, they are good.

When you fail, figure out why and be determined to learn from it. What can you do to improve your chances of success next time? Find someone who has accomplished what you are trying to do and ask for her advice.

We learn from our failures. Just think about how many times you fell before you walked, how many meaningless sounds you made before you talked. If you won’t risk failure, you’ll never grow.

Finish what You Start

Finishing college taught me to believe in my intelligence. Finishing big projects taught me to believe in my leadership skills. Following through on my promises taught me I could be dependable and trustworthy.

By learning to finish what I started, I learned the most important lesson of all: that I was capable.

Sometimes walking away from a problem is the smartest thing you can do, but any decision to quit must come from logic, not fear. Instead of walking away from challenges, meet them head on. Finish what you start on a consistent basis, and you will soon learn to trust yourself.

Join a Productive Club

Find something productive that you love to do (writing, dancing, acting, programming, or whatever) and then find a group of like-minded people who are interested in learning this activity with you.

The group is your support structure and your growth catalyst, and it will help you accomplish something you can be proud of.

Increase Your Positive Relationships

Don’t ask me why, but people with low self-esteem seem to attract abusers, probably because they’re easy to pick on.

If you’re like I was at one point in my life, your radar for evaluating worthwhile relationships may be totally screwed up. In this case, stop evaluating relationships with your heart, and start evaluating them with your mind. Does a person logically appear to be a good influence? If not, consider moving on to a new relationship.

If you surround yourself with positive, supportive people instead of deadbeats and abusers – well, that’s half the battle, isn’t it?

What are Your Tips for Increasing Self-Esteem?.

I hope my 7 tips are able to help you, in some small way, overcome whatever self-esteem issues you’re dealing with. There are many more tips I could share, but I want to turn the conversation over to the readers at this point because I believe we’re stronger as a blogging community than we are alone.

Do you have a tip to help others overcome low self-esteem? If so, leave a comment, and let your contemporaries benefit from your knowledge.

Conversely, if you’re struggling with low self-esteem, let us know.

By looking inward, working hard, and focusing on tomorrow instead of yesterday, I know you can find the healthy self-image you’re looking for.

49 Responses to “7 Ways to Increase Your Self-Esteem”

• [...] for him, blogger John Place offers tips that helped raise his self-worth, in his article called 7 Ways to Increase Your Self-Esteem. These [...]

• Will Tower says:

A very interesting and quite meaningful perspective. By reading Place’s blog, one becomes capable of grasping the true intertwinings of life’s obstacles and challenges. Additionally, Place offers a well-thought series of rather brilliant strategies to overcome them collectively.

A person’s self-esteem is constantly embattled with and therefore impacted by the desire for material wealth and goods. The characteristics of the “American Zombie”, as Place refers to his enchanting American character, are among the chief perpetuators of low-self esteem in one’s life, regardless of age. Evaluating one’s self and eventually understanding the ridiculousness of the desire for such goods will allow he or she to achieve self-actualization, and thus, higher self-esteem.

This actualization can only be accomplished by taking responsibility for one’s life and realizing that we are the only ones in control of our lives. John Place, you’ve impressed me again.

Thank you very much, Will.

• John Doe says:

This blog post really hit home with me. Thank you John. I have been dealing with a low self esteem for some time now. I often care too much of what other people think of me and act accordingly to try to “fit in” rather than ignore people’s negative comments about me. I also procrastinate on projects and tasks which also tarnishes my self esteem. I am working on these issues and will continue to work on them until they are fixed. Thanks again for your motivational posts!

• Chris R says:

Great article, definitely something I’m sure most of us can relate with.

I’ll admit, I’ve experienced low self-esteem in my life, and even do in many regards to this day. Then again, I’ve learn to overcome many of them, and become a successful individual (at least, as successful as someone can be at 18 years of age).

I think the most important advice I can give is to try, and to surround yourself with people better than yourself. If you want to become more physically fit, go outside. Take a walk. Set a goal of some sort and take baby steps towards it. Starting is generally the hardest part of anything that you want to do, even things to better yourself. Once you start in some way, such as going to a party of some sort and going to just one single stranger and trying to talk with them, it can easily start to snowball once you succeed even once.
    Secondly, surround yourself with people better than yourself. Realize that you in fact don’t know everything. If you want to learn knew things, seek out other people that know more about whatever subject you are interested in, and learn from them. Ask them questions, watch what they do. If you want to be better socially, find someone you think is very good in that regard that you can talk to, and just watch what they do and how they act in social situations, and ask them questions. As long as you’re polite, people generally love to talk about themselves and explain things, because it makes them feel “cool”, so to speak. A few compliments can go a long way in that regard.

One thing that I’ve had problems with, which I’ve discussed extensively with John, is the view of money and material wealth in today’s culture (specifically, the U.S.). It’s hard to defeat the notion that self worth is almost completely based on how much money you make, what job you have, what kind of car you drive, etc. It’s been giving me a lot of trouble with what career I’d like to go into, namely computer science vs. music. What I’d like to know is, how can you overcome such a subject, so hardwired into our culture’s self-esteem, taught to us since a very young age?

John Doe,
    I’m glad you liked the post. Speaking of procrastination, I am working on a short eBook on the topic which should be available within the next month. It will include the material in the article below, plus a whole lot more:
    11 Causes and Cures for Procrastination

Procrastination is a silent waster of potential, and I am passionate about helping people overcome it. Most people think that the solution to procrastination is to “just do it,” but the reality is that “just doing it” is only an appropriate reaction in certain circumstances, which is one of the reasons we procrastinate in the first place — uncertainty.

Chris,

Thank you for contributing to the discussion by adding your thoughtful suggestions to help people overcome low self-esteem.

The readers will appreciate it!

Regarding the relationship between wealth and self-esteem — I agree, it’s there. But we have power to reject it.

I believe we are all responsible for earning enough to take care of ourselves and those to whom we are morally obligated — but beyond this, our lifestyles are highly negotiable.

I choose meaning over money, substance over style, function over form. I choose purpose over flash. We only get so many years on this planet, and we can’t take any of it with us — so far as I know. :)

• JD Lusan says:

Great post. There is much truth here. Unfortunately many of us don’t heed to this.

Thanks JD. If I can encourage one person to take the steps necessary to improve their self image, writing this article will have been worth it for me.

• David Finch says:

John,
    First of all, great post! Self-esteem is so vital in getting an individual to see their goals and dreams fulfilled.

Growing up as child self-esteem was something that I really struggled with, however as I’ve grown up I’ve developed a more positive outlook on life.

The challenge still remains not just to be positive about my future, but embrace those moments of failure.

Thanks again!
    David Finch

• Chris R says:

Considering the topic of self-esteem, it seems that there are a great deal of people that have a low amount of it (or at least have at some point in their lives) and can relate to this topic, yet it seems like there are a few who are on top while the rest are “down in the dumps” as it were.
    Something that has always interested me is how those few get there in the first place, but moreso why. I think it would help people to consider that situation first of and try to understand it, to overcome low self-esteem.
    For my own 2 cents on the issue, those people generally get there through various forms of bullying (not necessarily of the physical type). As to why, I’d probably chock it up to poor parenting. By representing a bad example, or perhaps pushing the kids too hard to be the best, they teach them negative social skills by either teaching them to hate themselves, or to hate everyone else that might be considered “below” them. There are probably other things to consider too, those are just the two most prevalent off the top of my head.
    By recognizing that and thinking it over, one can learn to empathize with that person and why they might have done whatever t hey did to you in the past. Low self-esteem is made, we aren’t born with it. As with the normal practice of psychology, we try to find the sources of problems, and through them hope to gain a better understanding of them and work through them.

Excellent advice, Chris. That’s exactly why my first tip (above) involves “discarding outdated childhood evaluations.”

In my particular case, my parents did everything they could to elevate my self-esteem. My self-esteem problems stemmed from my own ineptitude connecting with peers. I suppose one could make the argument that my parents could have socialized me more effectively, but I know they did their best.

As you mention, everyone’s story is different, and understanding one’s own story is an important part of recovery. And ultimately, it is taking responsibility for one’s self that allows one to dig out of the hole, regardless of how they got there.

As always, thanks for your thoughts, Chris.

• [...] Low Self-Esteem: Raise your self-esteem by recognizing your accomplishments and positive qualities; further boost it by correcting the [...]

• Branden says:

This is something that I’ve been trying to work on for quite some time now. I recently (yesterday) started reading the book “The New Psycho-Cybernetics” and what I’ve read so far meshes very nicely with your post.

Trying to take responsibility for my life, become more accountable for everything, and shed the negative beliefs that I’ve allowed to become a part of my self-image will help build a new and happier foundation in my life.

Thanks for taking the time to do what you do.

• Andrew says:

I have struggled with low self-esteem for as long as I can remember. I still find it very difficult to see myself as worthwhile unless I am somehow pleasing others; almost everything I do or say is done to get the approval of others even though I’m conscious of doing it I still can’t stop and I really dislike myself for acting like this. I can’t at the moment see a way out though I’m very interested in what you’re saying, and I’m going to try to apply some of your approaches to thinking to myself.

Thanks for your hard work.

Andrew, I feel for you. The road to high self esteem from low is long, but anyone can make the journey. In my experience, the most important concept is that of transforming your life into something that pleases you. Something you can be proud of.

• Pralay Bose says:

Great post!!! I do suffer from low self-esteem for various reasons. I find people around me much more materialistic than me, nothing really that much motivating, have not found any living ideal person around me. I’ll try to follow your steps . Hope that helps me

• andy says:

andrew,i feel like u dont understand what low self esteem really means or mybe its just me that is different from the others. people from the other replies sounds as if you have given them the key to self esteem but im just sitting here wondering why i dont get it. please write back and approach me in a manner that involves a different perspective of self esteem. yours truly, andy.

Andy,

Are you responding to me or Andrew? I just want to be sure before I reply.

• Eleanor says:

I really appreciated that you asked the reader for ideas on how to improve self esteem. The thing that popped to mind immediately was/is: Find a way to help someone else.

Whether it is a simple gesture – like helping an elderly person reach for something on a high shelf at the supermarket – or listening to someone who is going through a bad patch – doing something to help another usually strengthens one’s sense of meaning and worth.

Thanks for sharing that tip, Eleanor. It’s a great idea.

• Sandy says:

Someone said be good, be happy. I think a lot of self esteem comes from a kind of self loathing which comes from old injuries we have done to others or old guilt that we have from a time when we did things we shouldn’t have. Cleaning up morally did a lot for my self esteem.

Anyway, hope this helps somebody.

Excellent advice, Sandy. And I agree that if our behavior doesn’t jive with our own attitudes regarding morality, we’re not likely to think very highly of ourselves.

Excellent point.

• von says:

First of all, I would like to say “great article”.However, I would like to share the way Ive been fighting low self-esteem.First, I came to realization of who I was.I was created by God and of course He dont make no junk! We were all designed to do something specific on this earth meaning you have value.When I begin to realize “who I was and whose I was” thats when I begin to feel like I was somebody.Im daily fighting this unwanted feeling but God definitely is turning it around for me.Thanks again for the helpful advice.

• von says:

Dear Andrew,
    I cant help but respond to your email because I know exactly how you are feeling. I once was feeling the same way you are now.People kept giving me advice that was to me “senseless”. However, I heard someone say you need to first find out “who u are” and then your purpose. I thought about that for awhile and then I applied.Wow! it all begin to make sense to me. I dont know if you read your bible or not but its worth it (trust me). I begin to read Genesis on how I was created and How I was carefully made (meaning we’re considered delicate, precious)Then I begin to research on “why” I was made and it begin to make more sense.As you stated in your email u only feel worthwhile when u are pleasing others. Well guess what? believe it or not thats what we were put here on earth to do “serve”. The word “serve” according to the bible really translates to “love” and when u love u want to do things for people.Just face it (like I had to) that its your gift to help others so why not embrace it but at the same time remember its not for nothing and that you must love yourself FIRST before you can love others! see Im concerned enough about you to take out time to write a book :) to help offer more advice.I hope I didnt bore u and once applied you’ll see that it works.

Thanks for sharing your observations, von.

• Thanks for this post. It is really interesting to read another person’s perspective on raising self-esteem. I can recognise and endorse the methods you outline here.

• [...] For a more comprehensive write-up on treating low self-esteem, read 7 Ways to Increase Your Self-Esteem. [...]

• a nice guy..wanna be says:

well, words sound nice, great really. but how realistic is it to really apply the concept(s) into real life, real world? maybe if my social development alone was affected, but so much was affected everything from my learning, maturity, jobs, careers…things seem hopeless in so many ways…

Nice Guy,

I believe that every person has the power to boost his or her self-esteem. The field of psychology has taught us that low self-esteem tends to stick around for a long time; it’s persistent and hard to get rid of. But learning to think more highly of yourself is possible.

• Jonathan, 15 says:

I’ve been wondering quite a lot about how to improve my self-esteem. When I was a bit younger I was extremly shy, but I’ve overcome that now. Only problem I’ve got left now, is that I feel like I can’t lead a conversation.. maybe it’s just me, but when I’m alone with someone I always got problems with what to say, so most of my “1on1″ conversations end up pretty awkward. Any thoughts on how I could help fix this?

• Keller says:

My low self-confidence is a result of my excedingly low self-image caused, like yours was, by years of taunting and being excluded. Until this year (I’m a highschool sophomore,) I had been rather over-weight. ever since 5th grade, I was picked on and made fun of. Nobody wanted to be my friend. (At least, that’s what I percieved.) Due to circumstances beyond my control, I had to transfer highschools last year, so I was given yet another chance to start over. I’ve moved so many times and each time, because I wanted to be liked, I’d create a different personality altogether, making me an almost completely different person. Only this year, when I did this, I subconciously (I suppose,) began to become depressed. I wanted so badly to not be over-weight that I pretty much stopped eating entirely. I didn’t know it then, but that majorly contributed to the definite initiation of the depression I had/have been struggling with. The depression made me rapidly lose weight, which caused exhaustion, causing me to constantly be
    tired…It was an endless cycle. I lost A LOT of weight, 95 pounds, to be precise. To get to the point I’m trying to make about self-confidence, for the longest time, I absolutely refused to acknowledge my change in appearance, because, honestly, it was too difficult for me to believe and I wasn’t motivated enough to want to feel happy yet. Yeah, I may not have been able to fit my pants anymore…but people might have just been trying to make me feel better about myself when asking if I’d lost weight. I was in denial for a long time, until guys started to be around me more often. That’s what did it. I finally questioned myself and eventually realized, that yes, I did look better. I look much better than I ever have, in fact. When I realized that, it opened several doors for me. I’ve already started pulling myself up out of Depression. In a nutshell, what I’m trying to advise is this: You have to really WANT to be happy. When I allowed myself to admit I lost weight, I immediately began to start feeling better about other areas of my life. Forcing a smile actually is about the best thing you can do for yourself. If you at least TRY to act happy, eventually, the effects will rub off, and the smile will become genuinely natural. By the way, that post was wonderful!!! :)

• Maggie says:

Dear John
    Thank you for a fab website which I discovered this afternnon while procrasting over my college work. As the deadlines draw near my anxiety is reaching huge proportions but thankfully I am finding it quite funny as well. I really will do anything else other than the task at hand. Its sort of amusing.
    Anyway there is lots to read on your site and so much of it ties in with procratination, am I really ready to achieve my goal or will I happily destroy my chances and stick to the familiar negative patterns? After lots of reading of your work John I feel better focussed to find and live out my message. I have decided to plan a parachute jump by the end of this year, as a ‘treat’! ive spent too long feeling fearful of everything and staying in my comfort zone, so maybe experiencing a ‘real’ fear will teach me a thing or two.
    Lots to say but better do some work! ‘Stress management assignment’ Ha. x
    Thanks again John.

• Rina says:

For some reason, I have found this post. Googled the topic, and there it went. It has been an eye-opener, your post.

My case? I do not really think that I have that low of an esteem. Initially, when I encounter new stuff, or friends that I think is more superior than me, yes. But when I meet people who I think I am more superior than, then not really. However, I have recently encountered one of the biggest blows in my entire 20 years of life. I failed an 8-credit course semester in Nursing last Spring. Yes, it has been procrastination that led me to the unfortunate rut. And yes, that point in my life had lessen my self-esteem in a huge way. I would cry most of the time in self-pity, but more than ever–anger–that I have been a failure as opposed to many of my friends who have succeeded in the same path I have taken. Now, here I am, back to the same school and taking that same class–giving it another shot! I am taking baby steps–like you said (no more EXTRA LEISURE spent). Yes, I must admit, IT IS DIFFICULT, as is is supposed to! It has been my fault, and I should stand up again.

PS: FINISH WHAT YOU’VE STARTED! That’s the best advice! Thanks. I shall try!

• Liza says:

This blog post is sure is an eye opener for me. thanks for sharing it to the world! :-) keep up the good work!

• Wadner Gedeon says:

Hello my name is Wadner Gedeon. I am currently writing a book and I would like to have wriiten permission to use this article entitled “7 Ways to Increase Your Self-Esteem in my book.” May you please write me back ASAP.

• melissa says:

Hi I am 35 years old and came from an abusive family (physically, mentally,emotionally, and sexually) I struggle with self esteem issues and am trying to veiw my self in a more positive light……I am a caring person. Thank you for ur tips I am getting ready to go back to college to get a degree for the second time wish me luck…..ty and godbless

• [...] Courtesy of JohnPlaceOnline.com [...]

• Galit says:

Hi,

I love your article. I learned a lot of new things about self-esteem. I struggled for many years with self-esteem and overcame it. But I still must admit that sometimes it might still fluctuate, but now I have power and my power is that I am aware when I do. I use to feel powerless. I was abused, bullied, criticised, hated by co-workers, you name it, I have been through it all. Today I stand tall and say that what matters most is what I think of myself. I found one particular personality trait that I love about myself and I constantly focus my attention on and that is my creativity and that helps me love myself everyday. I learned to concentrate on my stregths and look at my achievements. I also redefined the meaning of success. This past 2 years I really did a very big work on myself and I look at life as exciting because I discovered my true self, my authentic self. I hope that may help others see that they too, you too have greatness and power. All you have to do is look within yourself to discover it.

• Build Up Your Self Esteem Today! We have all suffered from low self esteem and know how so much it sucks. It’s now not nice while you don’t have the self worth to do what you want. Fortunately, there are how you can building up self esteem which are really easy to do and provides you with sure effects extremely quickly. On this article we’re going to talk about affirmations and how they may be able to dramatically build up self esteem. You are going to leave this text with a method that will help you reach the whole thing you need! Affirmations are so tough as a result of they go away a favorable imprint on our unconscious that interprets into our belief system over a duration of time. For instance, if you want to consider you might be an attractive particular person you’ll take in this trust via affirmations. n case you are in a position to switch your existence let’s start… First Step – Come to a decision Who You Need To Be Earlier than we will create sure affirmations we should first of all define precisel

• Naruhodo says:

I’m 42, living in a foreign country where people are into themselves and suffer quietly: Japan. My problems with low self steem became stronger since I came here… yes, I have had in the past too. But it grow worse in here. I still can’t speak the language well, my peers don’t seem to care. I’m loosing hope and energy, but I have no were to go in case i quit this job… I really feeling so badly everyday. It’s hard to even get up from bed. Yes, I want to change my life and become a champion. I’ve tried lots and lots of techniques and advices, but they haven’t work. I’m feeling isolated, no one to talk. What should I do???

• Kay says:

Hi,

Thank you for that wonderful article. Self-improving is an ongoing process for me, and having someone to exchange ideas is rare on such a subject because it one of those “no, no” conversations that most people perceive as being weak. I do believe that everyone has a journey, and their success is meant to help others on their journey. Thanks again.

• Jane Doe says:

Hi

I would like to thank you for your info and I do hope it helps me in overcoming my low self esteem issues because I have a horrible case of it. I am 28 yeras old. I’ve been in a relationship now for six years and have endured lots of emotional abuse from my partner. I tolerate a lot from him because I felt that everyone else in his life has given up on him so I did not want to do the same. He says things to me like I need to be a better woman, he’s the best thing that ever happened to me, no one else will tolerate my issues, I’m lazy ect. I love him very much but it hurts because I want him to treat me better.

I was sexually molested by my brother when i was a child and kept it in for many years until I finally told my boyfriend and family a few months ago. My boyfriend accused me of lying to get attention. I don’t know if the molestation has anything to do with why my low self esteem but I find it hard to believe in myself. I know I probably should not have posted this on a open forum but I was hoping you could further assist in my quest to becoming a better person and believing in myself.

• Linda says:

If anything has helped me in the past it it has been cognitive therapy.. reading books with positive language and writing positive things about myself in my journal. Repeating them throughout the day. Reading mantras, yoga. Important: Doing something for yourself.. knowing that your doing it for the purpose of your own happiness. it doesn’t matter what it is, but after you become happy because you did something for yourself. Being aware of your own thoughts and challenge them if they are negative.

Example:
    Negative thought: I feel stressed about making dinner because i feel lazy and I don’t want to do it.

Be aware of what your thinking and realize that this is not fun and brainstorm what is a positive thought.

Positive thought: I cant wait to eat a nutritious meal because my body needs it and will be satisfied after.

I think word choice is important because meaning of positive words will make us feel better.

Try making a list of 100 positive words that you want in your dictionary. Its becoming more familiar with these and bringing them into your life.

I think i’m gonna go do this lolz

• Linda says:

Jane, get out of the abusive relationship. Your number one. hear me?

• Jane Doe says:

Thank you very much for your advice Linda. I will definitely follow through with those pointers.

• Sheila says:

Woow, so inspiring…i conquer with seven points. To add on that, those with low self-esteem can practise confession that entails saying to yourself that you are beatiful,talented, focused etc..and with time such words will become a reality…this has worked in my life…

• pooja says:

hey m pooja,i’ve had a very bad n stressful childhood,m 21 now but really cn’nt help ma self building up ma self esteem,because of dis i’ve been in a relationship twice wid guys who jus took advantage of me,i loved dem wid a verypure heart,but in turn was demoralised n abused real bad by dem.people hv stared thinkin m a bad gurl cuz i hv dragged ma relation wid des 2 guys who were big time womanizer.but everything wrong that happened in ma life cuz of dem,i blamed ma self,but nev dem.i started thinking der is somethin missin in me so dey go out 2 oth women.trust me m a very simple gurl,very dedicated n loyal.how do i save ma self 4om not doin d same mistakes again??i hv really made a fool of ma self,jus askin people 4al answers.i find it very difficult 2 take a decision.fear n doubt rules ma life.pls help me.m really tired now.